Why become a Friend?
When you become a Friend, you become part of an international group of people who are all committed to preserving the cathedral and its fellowship.
Plus, there are other benefits, available only to Friends:
- No need to make further donations to enter Salisbury Cathedral – just show your annual membership card at the front desk.
- Guided tours for new members.
- Keep in touch with with our Easter and Christmas newsletters.
- Receive the Annual Report, Spire.
- Get to hear directly about what is happening in the life of the Cathedral.
- Special events – join us for Friends’ Day, attend the AGM, and other special events and activities.
- At least two or three excursions a year: one-day visits and an annual holiday.
- You can become a Friends’ Volunteer – ask us how you can get involved.
- Purchase specially-commissioned products like Christmas Cards, Notecards and Friends’ badges, all for the benefit of Salisbury Cathedral.
How to become a Friend
Application forms are available at the cathedral and from the Friends office, or you can download one now:
Return completed forms to the cathedral front desk, or post them to us:
The Friends’ Office
33a The Close
Single Membership: £20 Annually
Joint Membership (two people at the same address): £30 Annually
These are our recommended minimum rates. Don’t forget that if you are a UK taxpayer, you can increase your subscription or donation by at least 25% through the Gift Aid scheme – this benefits us but does not cost you anything.